Appropriate weather

Just back from playing for the funeral of a friend, John Casemore, whom I knew for nearly 30 years.

Nice service, but coming home just about every precipitation you can imagine has happened. Now it's heavy snow. It's not settling, of course, since it's well over freezing, but I hope it's not a comment on the Boƫllmann Toccata, requested for the voluntary. A 6-rank extension organ in two separate swell-boxes, one of the ranks is an unexpected full-compass Tierce. I must get the current specification onto NPOR.

I'll miss him, I used to go over and we'd play CDs one Saturday every so often. A compassionate and caring human, worn down by Parkinson's over the years.

Bon voyage, John. May there be organs in Heaven for us all.

Comments

  1. Recently I was talking with John's wife. She blamed the extraordinary mixture of precipitation on John. She said she'd told him once, when his mobility was poor and balance similar, that he wasn't going out because it was raining. He was telling her "I shall go out in the rain!" And so he did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth

Wombling free