Thinking about holidays :-)

Friday's post brought the first bill from the new managing agents of the flats where I live. Paying half-yearly, I was expecting it to be about £900-1,000 as there is a lot of work which the previous managing agents just didn't do, we've a lot of catching up to do. I had enough saved, but not much extra.

How does this relate to holidays, I hear you ask? Well, the bill was just under £500, which means that I have the money to go with Cantores Vagantes to Derby Cathedral for a week in August. (BTW, not the Estonian one, the one run by Philip Drew.)

I like that church, the organ is a classic Compton rebuild of a Hill (with a little tinkering since) http://www.npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=N02750 with a lovely little 2-manual by Cousins in the Retro-Choir (that doesn't mean a choir which looks or sings in a 1950s way) http://www.npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=N05294 which is used for weekday services. A small specification, but every stop counts. It needed a little TLC last time I saw it, but it serves beautifully.

If anyone has any suggestions for things to visit, either in Derby or the surrounding countryside, I'd be grateful. Not a part of the country I know at all well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth

Wombling free