Voluntary appreciation

I am so lucky. Now that I have stopped wandering for the moment and roosted in St Botolph's, Heene, I discover that they applaud voluntaries, which is really sweet. It's lovely to feel appreciated, and I see so many posts in the online organ fora about people complaining that the voluntaries they play are criticised for being too long or loud.

But the one I played last Sunday was a quiet one, Jehan Alain's Choral Cistercien (AWV62), and at the end was respectful silence, which said more than any applause could ever. I was quite touched.

Comments

  1. I’m glad to hear that this tradition has been revived at St B’s but I expect they are glad to have someone who plays the organ so beautifully back with them again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Wombling free

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth