Free!

Organist's view of the high altar
Well, first Sunday away from the tied bench I wandered me over to St Mary, Kemptown, in Brighton. Such a friendly church, with all sorts of people. I love the way I don't stand out and can merge into the background more.

This morning's service (All SS Sunday) also had 30 minutes of All Souls-tide remembrance (over 200 names read out), which stretched the service a weeeeny bit. My friend Alan Ireland was playing there for the first time, and did nicely improvising quietly over the congregational candle-lighting. Before the service he played some Mendelssohn I'd not heard before. He told me after it was the prelude to the G major P+F. The Bach Fantasia in c BWV 562 afterwards on full Great flues.

Next week, no plans yet. Watch this space :-)

Comments

  1. Just realised how old that photo is - the blue curtains were taken down a couple of years ago, now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Wombling free

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth