Care company again

Well, the careco are at it again. Went in today and found that someone had put Dad's cardigan on - half of it inside out. ???
Someone had opened a second carton of milk with the first just opened as well.
The lunch carer had wedged the loaf of bread between two shelves in the fridge where where wasn't room - one shelf higher there was room...
They haven't a clue what a saucer (for a cup) is. They keep serving him sandwiches or cake on one, despite the fact that there are several tea-plates in the rack beside the saucer. One even served a cup of tea without a saucer.

This pales into insignificance against the bureaucratic idiocy of the Hospital's wheelchair service.
Last Friday, after considerable effort over a couple of years, I got Dad a regular outing to a day-centre. They, knowing he walks badly, wanted his wheelchair as well, so I had to get two new front tyres fitted.
Now, the wheelchair was issued in about 2000 to Mum, and when she died nearly 4 years ago the home must have given it back to Dad. And for the last couple of years, when Dad's walking has deteriorated so that he needs a chair to go out, he's used it. No-one ever asked for the chair back. So I called the hospital, who referred me to another number, who referred me to another number, where I found a very helpful lady who arranged for the front wheels to be replaced that afternoon - in 30 minutes, in fact.
On Monday at 5pm, I got a call telling me to hand the chair back immediately and refusing legal liability if anything "happened". Naturally, I refused as the woman who called would not let me have a replacement issued to Dad without the say-so of his doctor. SO I spent a significant fraction of Tuesday finding that his doctor was not working that day, and the duty Dr knew nothing about Dad, of course. I had to attend the surgery as if you ring them you're on hold for 45+ minutes.
So, today, I got a call from the wheelchair people to say they'd received the urgent request from the Dr and could they "measure [him] up" for a new chair. The idea of letting have the one he has is, of course, unthinkable. This is the kind of unthinking idiotic obedience to orders that makes me cross. At work, I try to step round obstacles to help the public, not refuse to think.

I just want a quiet life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Wombling free

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth