More on tax of self-employed organists.

I have spent two-and-a-half hours putting together a dossier of documents from the internet to find out if I and the Revenue have been wrong these last 21 years that I've been filling out (or in? In, I think.) the self-assessment forms.

This, together with the other hours I have spent talking with priests and a diocesan employee, has convinced me that the commandment to describe me (and all other organists in the Diocese of Chichester) as employed by every church we play for, is based on a very one-sided opinion. There has been no change of interpretation by HMRC, no new guidelines.

I spoke with the employee, who was unwilling to meet or change his mind without a decision in writing from HMRC, something I don't know how to achieve as HMRC only allows you to phone them, and it costs 12p a minute whilst you spend 3 minutes listening to their exhortations to "do it online" and 40 minutes waiting to speak to a real human. Not a postal address anywhere on their site.

So I re-did the online "test" for self employment, and got this result

and I didn't cheat, either.

Now all I have to do is convince this person, that the 2008 case (A v. B & C) he relies upon is about a titular organist in one church and not those who have fled from such because of the Church. I shall be leaving the church entirely if he insists he is correct after all this, it's the final straw. Together with the "Anglicans" in African and other southern countries who insist they are purer Christians than the Western ones, these people do nothing for the image of the loving Jesus, who ate with tax-collectors and at least one sex-worker, I've had enough. A thousand pities the Quakers (Society of Friends) don't need organists...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too long

Wombling free

Schney, Bavaria and North End, Portsmouth